Sunday, December 14, 2008

Easy BLT & Cheddar Dip


You can serve this with crackers, bagel or pita chips. Anyone who knows me knows I am the queen of convenience and I took short cuts. I used a bag of Shreds and a small bag of Hormel real bacon crumbles. I did de-seed a very large tomato and chopped it in my onion chopper. After this was put together we mixed everything together and spread it on our bagel chips. I would only advise this if you know it's going to be eaten fast. If it's going to sit for a while and just be picked at by your guests I would leave it layered so your lettuce doesn't get soggy.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
Iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 pound of bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled

DIRECTIONS

Combine mayonnaise and sour cream in a small bowl with a lid. When well mixed, refrigerate until serving time. When ready to serve, place the mixture in a large serving bowl. Top with cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment